This video says all of it. On September 15, Seton Corridor’s Middle for Sports activities Media hosted a gala at The Lighthouse in Chelsea Piers, NYC, celebrating its lead fundraiser, Bob Leigh ’76, and honoring media icon Robin Roberts with a Lifetime Skilled Achievement Award. .
The glimmer of the solar shining on the Hudson wasn’t the one factor to brighten up the face. Greater than 160 media educators and professionals got here collectively to assist launch the middle, filling the room with nice enthusiasm and a way of togetherness.
On the high of the night’s program, President Nyere shared with friends the quantity of Bob Lay’s present, which can arrange the middle within the fall of 2021: $2 million. The College will without end be thankful for Bob’s generosity in addition to his imaginative and prescient and management that has set the Middle on a route to success. The occasion has raised an extra $380,000 for the middle from a number of beneficiant donors: 75 % towards the gala purpose of $500,000.
Bob Lay, Govt Founding father of Seton Corridor College’s Middle for Sports activities Media presents the Lifetime Skilled Achievement Award to the ’76 Reporter, Broadcaster, Producer and Host good Morning AmericaRobin Roberts, September 15, 2022, New York Metropolis. Photograph by Getty Photographs.
When Robin Roberts arrived to simply accept his award, he greeted his mates from business, met with the college’s management and communications school, and gave sports activities media college students a particular and surprising deal with. After a photograph session with the scholars, Robin circled and requested them questions and shared their recommendation and encouragement as the scholars listened attentively, excited by their wit and attraction.
Administration, school and college students on the Sports activities Media Program labored with College Development workers to prepare the occasion. He obtained help and steerage from a number of distinguished gala committee members:
- Bob Le ’76, Govt Founding father of the Middle for Sports activities Media
- George Bodenheimer, former president of ESPN
- Larry Ganim, founding father of Gannim Monetary
- Jay Harris, anchor of ESPN’s Sports activities Middle
- Chris McKendry, Tennis Host at ESPN
- Jen McManus, government director of the Middle for Sports activities Media
- ESPN’s Sports activities Middle anchor Kevin Negandhi
- Jim O’Brien ’82, Senior Managing Associate and CEO of Napier Park International Capital
- John Papersenos ’99, Vice President of College Development
- Renee Robinson, Ph.D., Interim Dean of the School of Communication and the Arts
- Bardia Shah-Raees ’95, VP of Manufacturing for Fox Sports activities
- Leo Zatta ’78, Staff Walker, Inc. President of.
… and honorary committee members:
- Chris Berman, NFL Studio Host at ESPN
- Don Garber, Commissioner of Main League Soccer
- Jimmy Pitaro, ESPN. President of
Sports activities journalist, broadcaster, author, and filmmaker Jeremy Schap was the Emmys for the night, and Fox Sports activities play-by-play broadcaster John Fanta ’17, graduate pupil Wilnir Lewis ’21, and sophomore Belle Wiseman together with government director Jen McManus. Pirates”. On Deck: “A dialogue of his experiences finding out sports activities media at Seton Corridor.
The Middle for Sports activities Media has been launched with the help of among the main gamers within the business. College Development will proceed to lift funds to succeed in the purpose of $500,000 and invitations Brian Ruark to contact Brian Ruark, Affiliate Vice President for Growth.